What You Will LearnThis course will teach you the techniques of emergency oxygen administration for suspected diving injuries and nonfatal drowning. You will learn the fundamentals of recognizing dive-injuries along with response and management.
You will learn about:
- Atmospheric gases
- Respiration and circulation
- Decompression illness
- Oxygen and diving injuries
- Oxygen safety
You will develop the following skills:
- Oxygen equipment identification, assembly and disassembly
- Scene safety assessment
- Initial assessment
- Use of Demand inhalator valve, Nonrebreather mask,
- Use of Bag-valve mask, Manually triggered ventilator
- Creation of an Emergency assistance plan.