the injured person of the need for emergency oxygen and help the responder monitor the injured person's condition and report findings to emergency medical services (EMS).
What You Will LearnThe DAN Neurological Assessment course focuses on how to obtain
essential information about an individual involved in a dive emergency or
suspected of having a stroke and what information to relay to EMS.
You will learn about:
- Nervous system overview
- Decompression illness
- Neurological assessments
You will develop the following skills:
- Making a F-A-S-T assessment
- Taking a history
- Monitoring vital signs
- Assessing cranial nerve function
- Determining mental function
- Evaluating motor function
- Assessing coordination and balance